(Press coverage concerning the Institute is chronicled on another page.)
- Dr. Alfredo Visca's trial of oral glutathione to augment weight gain in CF children is concluded. The results are analyzed, and an article is prepared for submission to a highly regarded peer-reviewed medical journal.
- Alfredo Visca, MD, starts his clinical trial of oral GSH to augment weight gain in CF children.
- Alfredo Visca, MD, begins recruitment for his clinical trial of oral GSH to augment weight gain in CF children.
- Alfredo Visca submits the documents for the proposed multi-center Italian clinical trial to the various Ethical Committees. By the end of this 2009, the trial received full approval at one center, and is awaiting full approval at the second center.
- The UVICF received an additional $10,500 from two charitable organizations. This will help us cope with the plummeting exchange rate of the dollar to the euro in connection with the clinical trial of oral GSH in Italy.
- Alfredo Visca and Clark Bishop publish an article in the Journal of Cystic Fibrosis concerning an observational study of 17 CF patients using a combination of oral and inhaled glutathione. Statistically significant improvements in weight and lung function tests, as well as lessening of bacterial colonization, are noted.
- The UVICF receives funding from a charitable organization based in Massachusetts that will allow a clinical trial of oral GSH to proceed in Italy.
- Clark Bishop presents his JCF findings at the ATS meetings; Alfredo Visca does the same for the ECFC meetings.
- Clark Bishop visits Alfredo Visca in Italy near the beginning of 2008, and Alfredo Visca visits Clark Bishop in Utah at the end of 2008.
- Clark Bishop continues his work on an IND for oral reduced glutathione (see Glutathione page on this website for the Investigator's Brochure from that IND).
- Clark Bishop begins a collaboration with Dr. Alfredo Visca in Turin, Italy, to publish articles on clinical results observed in CF patients who are using glutathione, particularly oral glutathione. They aim for a clinical trial beginning in 2008.
- Clark Bishop works on an IND for oral glutathione so that a trial of oral glutathione in CF children can take place.
- The journal Chest publishes the clinical trial results of the 2002 trial of inhaled buffered reduced glutathione in its January issue.
- Clark Bishop is invited to revise and resubmit a proposal to the NIH for funding of a large, multi-center trial oforal glutathione for failure-to-thrive in cystic fibrosis children. He will also submit this proposal to the CFF for funding.
- The CFF tells Clark Bishop that they hope to help sponsor a large, multi-center trial of inhaled buffered GSH to be performed by Dr. Matthias Griese in Germany.
- Clark Bishop is invited to give an oral presentation on his clinical trial results and other case reports of GSH use in CF at the European Cystic Fibrosis Conference, to be held in June 2004 in Birmingham, England.
- Results of Clark Bishop's clinical trial on buffered inhaled GSH for CF patients is accepted for publication in Chest.
- Results of Matthias Griese's clinical trial on buffered inhaled GSH for CF patients is published in the American Journal of Respiratory and Critical Care Medicine.
- Valerie Hudson updates her hypothesis article, and the update is published in the November 2004 issue of Treatments in Respiratory Medicine.
- November, 2003: Clark Bishop invited to a special conference on antioxidant therapy called by the CFF; Matthias Griese, Brian Day, Henry Forman, and others in attendance, where inhaled GSH is evaluated as being a very promising therapy deserving of further investigation by the CFF.
- October, 2003: Clark Bishop makes oral and poster presentation on his clinical trial at the North American Cystic Fibrosis Conference.
- June 17, 2003; Today Show airs segment on Valerie Hudson and Clark Bishop.
- Woman's Day has an article featuring UVICF research in its March issue.
- Dr. Clark Bishop, a member of UVICF's board of trustees, establishes an email account where he can be reached concerning glutathione treatment in CF: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dr. Clark Bishop presents at the American Thoracic Society meetings, May 2003.
- The clinical trial of inhaled buffered reduced glutathione in CF persons take place this year, June-September 2002. Dr. Clark Bishop, M.D. pulmonologist is the principal investigator on the trial. The trial is placebo-controlled, double-blind, and randomized.
- An expanded version of the glutathione/CF paper is pubished in Free Radical Biology and Medicine, Vol. 30/12, June 2001, pp. 1440-1461. A link describing how to get a copy of that paper is provided on the glutathione page under "Research."
- A section on other diseases where glutathione may be helpful is added to the UVICF website.
- July: Hudson takes over as webmaster and the website is update.; Layman's paper is updated; helpful links updated; new nutritional info added.
- Dec 23: The UVICF is registered as a non-profit organization, and this website was started!